If you are planning on attending the Fall Festival at the John C. Campbell Folk School this weekend, you could not have asked for better fall weather. Temperatures across the mountains are in the 40's this morning making for a brisk day and beautiful day at the Fall Festival.
WHERE: John C. Campbell Folk School - Brasstown, NC
WHEN: October 4th and 5th
TIME: 10a.m. to 5 p.m.
ADMISSION: Adults $5, Ages 12 - 17 $3 and Children under 12 Free
If you have never attended the Fall Festival at the John C. Campbell Folk School, then you are in for a treat. The Folk School has a rich history dating back to 1925 when it was started to preserve and share the wonderful crafts, techniques and tools that the mountain people used in their everyday live. Today the Fall Festival brings over 200 craft exhibitors together on the beautiful Folk School Campus. Wind along wooded paths and stroll through barns and workshops where you can listen to music, watch live demonstrations and shop 'til your heart's content! There are pony rides for the kids, an Alpaca petting area and pets for adoption from the Humane Society.
What's a Fall Festival without FOOD! Local non-profit organizations are invited each year to share their
yummy treats to make your day complete.
- Wear comfortable shoes you'll be doing a lot of walking over (sometimes) uneven terrain.
- It's going to be chilly this weekend but you're sure to warm up in the sunshine so dress in layers.
- Bring cash! Many vendors will accept checks and even credit cards but cash is always easier.
- Bring a backpack to stash your finds and keep your hands free.
- Pack some bottled water to keep hydrated.
- Bring the camera! The folk school sites are photographers dream!
Look for us on Saturday!
Bill and Cyndi
Bill and Cyndi Daves, Associate Brokers/AREO
RE/MAX Town & Country
With Five Offices To Serve You in Blairsville,
Blue Ridge, Ellijay, Woodstock & Canton, GA
Email: email@example.com -or- firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Cell 828-361-9419 Cyndi Cell 828-361-9783